The Nuts and Bolts of Attachment
When: June 7, 2011
5:45 pm to 8:45 pm
Where: Penrose House
1661 Mesa Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Cost: $5.00 * *
* * The materials fee is waived for parents who have finalized adoptions through the Child Welfare System, and registration preference is given to these families.
Foster parents and professionals welcome.
Class size is limited, so register early. For
additional information, contact Tanya Hammar
at 303-755-4756 (toll free 1-800-451-5246) or
Jennifer Winkelmann, MA, LPC, NCC is the Founder and Clinical Director of Inward Bound, Inc. As a psychotherapist for individuals, couples,
& families, Jennifer’s primary clinical focus is adoption and foster care issues. She comes to you with 11 years of experience working with children of high-risk populations and their families.
This workshop will address:
* Foundational principles of attachment
* Basic brain development, and the impact of trauma on developing brains
* How to create a healing environment
* How your own history can affect how you react to your child(ren)
Attendees are welcome to bring a light dinner or snack
The Colorado Post-Adoption Resource Center is funded
through the Promoting Safe and Stable Families Program,
Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Welfare,
in partnership with The Adoption Exchange.
See www.adoptex.org for details.