You are here

Grandparent's and Other Relative Caregiver's Guides

The Children's Defense Fund (CDF) has created four helpful guides, written specifically for kinship caregivers, to answer their questions about important issues affecting the children in their care. COCAF strongly recommends these guides to both kinship families and professionals. These guides offer information on federal programs (e.g. Medicaid, TANF), eligibility requirements, and how to enroll the children they are raising. The four guides are:

The guides can be downloaded directly from the CDF web site at: Kinship Guides,
Or ordered by calling 202.662.3568, or by writing to:

Children's Defense Fund
Child Welfare and Mental Health Division
25 E Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001